From Dust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are all beautiful people, and I love you. Server IP: 69.28.221.84:25565

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» I miss this
The Factions Addon EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm by Darkthorngamer

» * * * MERRY CHRISTMAS * * *
The Factions Addon EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:06 pm by Darkthorngamer

» New Server - Voeblahdia
The Factions Addon EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm by Darkthorngamer

» Changelog ###
The Factions Addon EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm by haloboy117

» The end of Fromdust?
The Factions Addon EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm by Darkthorngamer

» A new city project
The Factions Addon EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm by jharrisgda

» the official I want ghostie to bone Cynical Thread
The Factions Addon EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» Who is the Most Awesome?
The Factions Addon EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» server finances
The Factions Addon EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am by imGhostie

STOP ACTA!

The Factions Addon

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Factions Addon Empty
PostSubject: The Factions Addon   The Factions Addon EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:50 pm

With the addition of factions, i don't exactly believe it fair for people (moderators) to go about flying around, and /tp ing to people, that defeats the point of the factions mod.

I have an idea, from what i did on my server.
Either they can relinquish the power of /tp
Or they can keep the /tp and not be in a faction.

It worked well with my server, and hopefully you'll take my suggestion, and see the flaw in the system

p.s. I'd rather give up my power of teleporting Smile
Back to top Go down
Seioch
Seioch

The Factions Addon Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Factions Addon   The Factions Addon EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:53 am

Well, then why have moderators then?

The point of having moderators is so they can moderate. I for one would rather have a flying, teleporting moderator kick griefer butt over one who has to manually walk over to the trouble site in order to fix a problem.

Although I must agree, having factionalized moderators can possibly be a nightmare, considering a possibility for Moderator Abuse. However, simple rules can be put in place to disallow moderator power abuse; from what I believe, such rules will be followed.

I say: Keep the /tp, keep the factions, and make it clear that moderators are not to abuse such powers.

In terms of defining moderator abuse, I propose that the use of tp outside of moderating conflict be highly discouraged. Would that be a good compromise?
Back to top Go down

The Factions Addon Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Factions Addon   The Factions Addon EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:59 am

Seioch wrote:
Well, then why have moderators then?

The point of having moderators is so they can moderate. I for one would rather have a flying, teleporting moderator kick griefer butt over one who has to manually walk over to the trouble site in order to fix a problem.

Although I must agree, having factionalized moderators can possibly be a nightmare, considering a possibility for Moderator Abuse. However, simple rules can be put in place to disallow moderator power abuse; from what I believe, such rules will be followed.

I say: Keep the /tp, keep the factions, and make it clear that moderators are not to abuse such powers.

In terms of defining moderator abuse, I propose that the use of tp outside of moderating conflict be highly discouraged. Would that be a good compromise?

I like this Idea, but a more "hard wired" solution would be good. Because ghostie can't be on 24/7 to monitor the server and his mods.
Cause it's really easy to agree to something and then when they aren't looking, do the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Factions Addon Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Factions Addon   The Factions Addon Empty

Back to top Go down

The Factions Addon
Page 1 of 1