From Dust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are all beautiful people, and I love you. Server IP: 69.28.221.84:25565

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» I miss this
future of the server EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm by Darkthorngamer

» * * * MERRY CHRISTMAS * * *
future of the server EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:06 pm by Darkthorngamer

» New Server - Voeblahdia
future of the server EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm by Darkthorngamer

» Changelog ###
future of the server EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm by haloboy117

» The end of Fromdust?
future of the server EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm by Darkthorngamer

» A new city project
future of the server EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm by jharrisgda

» the official I want ghostie to bone Cynical Thread
future of the server EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» Who is the Most Awesome?
future of the server EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» server finances
future of the server EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am by imGhostie

STOP ACTA!

future of the server

Go down 
+15
Pleune
Darkthorngamer
DarkClasko
imGhostie
Auzel
AlricNarccus
Om_Nom_Noms
Mezmorizzed
405armsdealer
shammy
Voexum
asianinvasi0n4
Blahound
SimonLC
lordshadowbob
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lordshadowbob

future of the server Empty
PostSubject: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:41 am

I know this is none of my concern but i am starting to worry about the server. It seems as if no one ever gets on anymore. Remember dustopia and Haven and maple beach. And all the players on at one time. Idk about you but i miss those days..a lot.
This has been the best server i have ever played on. and my first ^^. Please do not let this server die or at least lets make something cool and new happen. Try to get some of the good'ole days back again

-Lordshadowbob
Back to top Go down
SimonLC

SimonLC

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:32 am

Here Here
Back to top Go down
Blahound
Blahound

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:55 am

SimonLC wrote:
Here Here

meh
Back to top Go down
asianinvasi0n4

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 pm

I had suggested to ghostie making a land like Panostia from the voxelbox, I'd be ready to do it if you were

STEP 1: Location, mountain coming out of the ocean, should be 3x3 to 4x4 worth of chunks (thats 48X48 or 64x64 blocks).

STEP 2: Add a central area (not near the center/top of the mountain) without destroying the landscape too much.

STEP 3: Add surrounding buildings (the key to success is to make everything the same style (i.e. stone brick buildings with wooden floors, double step sidewalks throughout the city) while still maintaining a sense of variety with different height buildings, different style buildings; not just a cube but maybe something with pillars.

STEP 4: Add an ocean port for ships.

STEP 5: Add the ships.

STEP 6: Populate

This is the ultimate goal https://youtu.be/ReWDbb-u-VU

If this goes through, I think that I am going to create a new faction that will live in that area (and just name it "Panostia"(on second thought, I'm gonna do that anyway)).

Will you join me LordShadowBob?
Back to top Go down
Voexum

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 pm

I think one of the biggest problems is the distance between regular/faction homes and the difficulty of getting to places that other players are on. Faction members aren't always on and there just isn't a way to easily meet up with other player that are online. Even meeting at spawn isn't a solution as you may have to walk 10-15-20 mins to reach the sethome!
Back to top Go down
shammy

shammy

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:20 pm

I have been thinking of this. Also I probally will be taking an extended break from minecraft so bye guys. I will be on the forum and vent from time to time even though no on eis ever on but bye guys.
Back to top Go down
405armsdealer

405armsdealer

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:48 am

I've been avoiding minecraft for a while, because of the 1.8-1.9 shenanigans. Once Minecraft is settled down and calm, then I'll be back on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SimonLC

SimonLC

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Blahound wrote:
SimonLC wrote:
Here Here

meh

NO! I WON'T BE DRAGGED INTO THIS AGAIN

meh
Back to top Go down
Mezmorizzed
Forum Owner
Mezmorizzed

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Personally I agree, I think that this faction thing is getting a little old. I'd like to go back to building cities and massive monuments.
Back to top Go down
https://fromdust.forumotion.com
Om_Nom_Noms

Om_Nom_Noms

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm

I ended up getting myself one of those stoopid full-time job thingies hence why I haven't been on much to annoy people Sad

Back to top Go down
AlricNarccus
AlricNarccus

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:29 am

Raiding and crushing other peoples factions was fun for awhile, but I've gotten rather bored of it as well, I'd rather just go back to the cities and stuff. If pretty much everyone agrees, I can get LWC up and running again (I think <.<; ).
But yea I'd kinda like things to go back to the way they used to be with Dustopia.
To those wondering where i've been: Bored of Minecraft and the raiding so i haven't been playing
To Those In My Faction: Yea I know we got raped a few times. meh.
Back to top Go down
Auzel

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:52 am

I logged on to the server, and I had to ask if this was the from dust server so much has changed. I walked around a bit, there was no spawn city so it took me a while to find a lone half completed building, the area was desolate except for about 3 members. The first thing they asked me was if I was new to the server.

I thought to myself, I'm going to make something cool and bring the server back to it's former glory.

But then I thought, what for? The map will probably be reset and everything will be destroyed again, and even if it isn't I've got no friends I want to build for, once I finish I'm not going to be able to ask Santa or Alric or Nom or anyone to come see it, because they aren't there. I'll have no one to make inside jokes with, when I log on people aren't their to say hello.

It made me feel really sad. Like I lost a good friend.
Back to top Go down
Blahound
Blahound

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Auzel wrote:
I logged on to the server, and I had to ask if this was the from dust server so much has changed. I walked around a bit, there was no spawn city so it took me a while to find a lone half completed building, the area was desolate except for about 3 members. The first thing they asked me was if I was new to the server.

I thought to myself, I'm going to make something cool and bring the server back to it's former glory.

But then I thought, what for? The map will probably be reset and everything will be destroyed again, and even if it isn't I've got no friends I want to build for, once I finish I'm not going to be able to ask Santa or Alric or Nom or anyone to come see it, because they aren't there. I'll have no one to make inside jokes with, when I log on people aren't their to say hello.

It made me feel really sad. Like I lost a good friend.

poop
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:29 pm

List the plugins and I will add them. I'll give older users creative mode or the option to pop in and out of it, however I won't be returning past rankings.

I do not have the time at the moment with all that I have going on to do such a vast update, which requires much research into plugins and whatnot.

Due to the fact that I have to deal with a job, Drivers Training, Girlfriend, School, etcetera.

Oh and I have Dark souls, so I plan to invest a good 150 plus hours into it Smile
Back to top Go down
SimonLC

SimonLC

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Defo get rid of factions - thats the plugin that ruined the server :/
Back to top Go down
AlricNarccus
AlricNarccus

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm

SimonLC wrote:
Factions still has its use an anti-griefing device but I'd definitely say we get a large city going.
Back to top Go down
SimonLC

SimonLC

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:14 pm

AlricNarccus wrote:
SimonLC wrote:
Factions still has its use an anti-griefing device but I'd definitely say we get a large city going.

The problem with factions was that it encouraged people to break off into little groups and make a house at some random area to keep it secret

We definately should make a large city with every1 trusted in it - newbies need to prove themselves to join Wink
Back to top Go down
DarkClasko

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:51 am

Kind of like the old Dustopia, the very first one.
Back to top Go down
shammy

shammy

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 pm

We Should get a new map all who agree say MEH
Back to top Go down
Darkthorngamer

Darkthorngamer

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:50 am

sham is better than alric wrote:
We Should get a new map all who agree say MEH

Nyeh
Back to top Go down
Pleune

Pleune

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AlricNarccus
AlricNarccus

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Meh xD
Back to top Go down
Pleune

Pleune

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:38 pm

just don't forget phoenix terrain mod Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarkClasko

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:42 pm

MEH i'll be on later today
Back to top Go down
csebaz

csebaz

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:52 pm

MEH
as long as i can PLEASE get mai stuff back
that would make me as happy as a be eating honey =^.^=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: future of the server   future of the server Empty

Back to top Go down

future of the server
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next