From Dust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are all beautiful people, and I love you. Server IP: 69.28.221.84:25565

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» I miss this
New map along with White list EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm by Darkthorngamer

» * * * MERRY CHRISTMAS * * *
New map along with White list EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:06 pm by Darkthorngamer

» New Server - Voeblahdia
New map along with White list EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm by Darkthorngamer

» Changelog ###
New map along with White list EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm by haloboy117

» The end of Fromdust?
New map along with White list EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm by Darkthorngamer

» A new city project
New map along with White list EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm by jharrisgda

» the official I want ghostie to bone Cynical Thread
New map along with White list EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» Who is the Most Awesome?
New map along with White list EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» server finances
New map along with White list EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am by imGhostie

STOP ACTA!

New map along with White list

Go down 
+16
Blahound
Jo4uA
GuitarJunkie83
Darkthorngamer
Mezmorizzed
izzy4623
deftcraft
Stonewolfdark
Beder
OpelBlitz
Ratchet750
snoring_bison
Drakorath
Seioch
AdmiralAdjective
imGhostie
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we reset the map and attempt to use my idea?
Yes
New map along with White list I_vote_lcap64%New map along with White list I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 21 ]
No
New map along with White list I_vote_lcap3%New map along with White list I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Maybe
New map along with White list I_vote_lcap18%New map along with White list I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
I want to keep the current Map
New map along with White list I_vote_lcap15%New map along with White list I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

New map along with White list Empty
PostSubject: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Now that the white list has been sorted I need figure out whether or not a fresh map would be of good use.

Our current map is approaching the 900 Mb mark, along with that is a lot of unused terrain.
I've thought about removing the unused parts in the past to reduce CPU usage, but it occurred to me that if I delete parts of the map, it will not re-render.

So, that brings me to my next question and idea.

Should we have a fresh start? (A new map)

And if so, the city that is currently in the works on our current map, I might just be able to copy over to the fresh world, so that we can continue to create this amazing city, should I attempt to do that as well?

-Ghostie
Back to top Go down
AdmiralAdjective
Admin
AdmiralAdjective

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Let's start *from dust* Wink
Back to top Go down
Seioch
Seioch

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Yo

I pesonally have no problem with a whitelist, but a map restart might be bad for me and my buddies.

Currently our domain is approaching 10+ members and counting, well over the requirement for an official city, and enough underground and aboveground structures to rival grieflame at its golden age. If a map restart were to happen we would lose lots of hours of work. In addition, a simple map editor copy-paste probably won't be able to salvage our city from a map restart.

If this server were to have a map restart, may we have resources sufficient enough to cover rebuilding costs? Or, can you think of a way to salvage parts of the city?

-Sei
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Seioch wrote:
Yo

I pesonally have no problem with a whitelist, but a map restart might be bad for me and my buddies.

Currently our domain is approaching 10+ members and counting, well over the requirement for an official city, and enough underground and aboveground structures to rival grieflame at its golden age. If a map restart were to happen we would lose lots of hours of work. In addition, a simple map editor copy-paste probably won't be able to salvage our city from a map restart.

If this server were to have a map restart, may we have resources sufficient enough to cover rebuilding costs? Or, can you think of a way to salvage parts of the city?

-Sei

Most definitely Sei.

I might even give you Super Pick for a day to speed things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Drakorath

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 am

What about items? I have acquired a lot of resources in the time that I have spent on the server, and I would hate to lose everything. Could people possible be reimbursed for their resources after the map reset (if it happens)? Alternatively, we could each build a room in the city and fill it with diamond/gold/iron blocks, etc.
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 am

Drakorath wrote:
What about items? I have acquired a lot of resources in the time that I have spent on the server, and I would hate to lose everything. Could people possible be reimbursed for their resources after the map reset (if it happens)? Alternatively, we could each build a room in the city and fill it with diamond/gold/iron blocks, etc.

Everyone that is signed up on the forums will be reimbursed. Everyone else will not.
Back to top Go down
snoring_bison

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:56 pm

I haven't put in my vote yet but that resources question is a big one for me. i have 4x64 diamonds 3x64 gold 8x64 iron and 64 lapis lazuli blocks... also me and 5 friends spent a ridiculous amount of time wiring my base which is all undergound and underwater. I like the idea of a new map, but not having to redo all the tedious busy work that i spent making it what it is.
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:16 pm

snoring_bison wrote:
I haven't put in my vote yet but that resources question is a big one for me. i have 4x64 diamonds 3x64 gold 8x64 iron and 64 lapis lazuli blocks... also me and 5 friends spent a ridiculous amount of time wiring my base which is all undergound and underwater. I like the idea of a new map, but not having to redo all the tedious busy work that i spent making it what it is.

Like I said.
Anyone signed up on the forums will be reimbursed. However your past creation will not follow.
Back to top Go down
Ratchet750

Ratchet750

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

I guess I kind of want a new map. The current map is awesome, but a fresh start, with a whitelist, would be nice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratchet750

Ratchet750

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:44 pm

On second thought, no. At first, it may seem like a good idea, but people have spent thousands of hours pumping life and creativity into this map. To see all the magnificent creations gone would be a shame. Please don't reset it, Ghostie.
Back to top Go down
OpelBlitz

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Ratchet750 wrote:
I guess I kind of want a new map. The current map is awesome, but a fresh start, with a whitelist, would be nice. Very Happy

I agree.

If we were to whitelist, I would want a whole new map. And the fact that Ghostie is willing to reimburse us forum-folks is a minor relief.
Back to top Go down
Beder

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:02 pm

I like the idea Smile Count me in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Has anyone heard anything more of when 1.5 is going to be released? cause after that massive update would be a perfect time to start a new map in my opinion.
the one we have going right now is cluttered up with 1 block spires, and random abandoned homes.... (i do a lot of exploring) so if you were to start over, that would be awesome with me Smile
Back to top Go down
Stonewolfdark

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:27 am

I like the idea of a new server and whitelist ... this way it will clean up the map from all the random little buildings and allow others to build in places that have been left with floating chest that cant be removed or random little homes that are falling apart and a whitelist will keep others that do nothing but lop the bottoms off trees and leave the rest lol. All in all its a good idea for a fresh start and to recreate and maybe even improve things from before. As long as I get my diamonds, gold, steel and obsidian back of course ^^ lol
Back to top Go down
deftcraft

deftcraft

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 am

as long as i get my stuff back i dont care what happens elephant
Back to top Go down
Ratchet750

Ratchet750

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Stonewolfdark wrote:
I like the idea of a new server and whitelist ... this way it will clean up the map from all the random little buildings and allow others to build in places that have been left with floating chest that cant be removed or random little homes that are falling apart and a whitelist will keep others that do nothing but lop the bottoms off trees and leave the rest lol. All in all its a good idea for a fresh start and to recreate and maybe even improve things from before. As long as I get my diamonds, gold, steel and obsidian back of course ^^ lol

Yeah, guess my opinion has changed yet again. Bring on the new map with 1.5, I say.
Back to top Go down
izzy4623

PostSubject: Whitelist   New map along with White list EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:39 am

What is a whitelist?
Back to top Go down
deftcraft

deftcraft

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:25 am

izzy4623 wrote:
What is a whitelist?

its a list that is white and only users ghostie has put on there will be able to connect to the server otherwise they will get the message "connection refused: not on whitelist"

i think the last 2 or 3 days should be the time to post all your items and just try not to make groundbreaking acheivments after that,

on another note will you be copypasting the whole city into the new world? so all the trusted people will get their houses back?
Back to top Go down
Mezmorizzed
Forum Owner
Mezmorizzed

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 am

Yes, we are going to attempt to copy over Dustopia on to the new map, and well look into other cities depending on the size and level of griefing. But everyone signed up on the forum will be reimbursed for their items, no matter the city they live in.
Back to top Go down
https://fromdust.forumotion.com
deftcraft

deftcraft

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Mezmorizzed wrote:
Yes, we are going to attempt to copy over Dustopia on to the new map, and well look into other cities depending on the size and level of griefing. But everyone signed up on the forum will be reimbursed for their items, no matter the city they live in.

1. good that solves my worries of losing my house

2. i had no idea it was called dustopia
Back to top Go down
Darkthorngamer

Darkthorngamer

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:24 pm

So do I have to say I want to be on the whitelist or am I just on there now I've signed up?
And what about my items in my chest or inventory?
I'm a noob here so please help out!
(Oh and also can you put ultramuffin on the whitelist, I don't think he knows or something!) Question
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Darkthorngamer wrote:
So do I have to say I want to be on the whitelist or am I just on there now I've signed up?
And what about my items in my chest or inventory?
I'm a noob here so please help out!
(Oh and also can you put ultramuffin on the whitelist, I don't think he knows or something!) Question

Ultramuffin needs to sign up on the forums if he already hasn't, And you are already on the Whitelist.
Back to top Go down
Darkthorngamer

Darkthorngamer

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:06 am

I heard you had totake screenshots of your chest and inventory to get your stuff back but, I just accidentally downloaded 1.5 and now it won't let me on, so tell me, is my stuff going bye bye now?
And also is it too late to sign up for the whitelist, Ultramuffin hasn't been able to since his computer broke (again!)
Back to top Go down
Mezmorizzed
Forum Owner
Mezmorizzed

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm not sure about the how we are dealing with the update yet, but if you can revert back to 1.4_01, then you can check your items. (This is how I revert) If you look in your bin folder in .minecraft there is a file named "minecraft.jar" which is the jar file for 1.5, rename that to
"minecraft-1.5.jar" and then there might be a file named "minecraft-1.4_01.jar" which is the jar from the previous update. Rename that file to "minecraft.jar" then start minecraft and tell it not to update , you should be in 1.4_01. If you don't have the "minecraft-1.4_01" file then you can likely find it on the internet, or I might put my .jar file on mediafire for people to download if there isn't one already. You can also try Ghostie's method (https://fromdust.forumotion.com/t31-how-to-revert-back-to-minecraft-13) and use a minecraft 1.4_01 jar instead of 1.3.
Back to top Go down
https://fromdust.forumotion.com
Darkthorngamer

Darkthorngamer

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Ghosite's method doesn't work for fromdust and I can't find a file anywere!
If you put the file on your mediafire, can you link it please!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New map along with White list   New map along with White list Empty

Back to top Go down

New map along with White list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
From Dust :: General Server Stuff :: Server Upgrades-
Jump to: