From Dust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are all beautiful people, and I love you. Server IP: 69.28.221.84:25565

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» I miss this
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm by Darkthorngamer

» * * * MERRY CHRISTMAS * * *
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:06 pm by Darkthorngamer

» New Server - Voeblahdia
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm by Darkthorngamer

» Changelog ###
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm by haloboy117

» The end of Fromdust?
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm by Darkthorngamer

» A new city project
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm by jharrisgda

» the official I want ghostie to bone Cynical Thread
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» Who is the Most Awesome?
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» server finances
Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am by imGhostie

STOP ACTA!

Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!

Go down 
+4
Voexum
shammy
emcdona
AlricNarccus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AlricNarccus
AlricNarccus

Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! Empty
PostSubject: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 am

Alright, Lately due to the lack of updates to minecraft itself and the plugins allowing for sign shops and other such things, things have gotten a bit stale and boring on the server, the majority of our frequent players have suggested that light-vote should most likely be uninstalled, theres rarely night time on the server and therefor less of a survival feel to the server. we'll most likely be enforcing more of this survival aspect, along with Light-vote, we'll possibly be getting rid of Iconomy, and not just sign shops this forces other players to trade with each others in order to get certain materials that they want. As for nether materials and other unobtainable items, Soul eater INC (my shop) would still be running if we got rid of IConomy but you'd be trading Gold, a fairly useless material, for the items you want, In effect 10 Gold Ingots would get you stack of nether-rack, this is just an example of course, . I recently found a plugin for bukkit, that will allow zombies to break certain types of blocks and gain entrance into your home, while this sounds like a pain in the @$$, it just means you'll have to find a better way to survive, I know alot of us like a little PVP sometimes so I think we might back up the map and one day out of the week every week, we'll just have all out PVP warfare, cities, wilds, pretty much everywhere will be a PVP zone.
We'll possibly be swapping wormholes for something more user-friendly and light-weight, another reason for this is they're sometimes very glitchy and just refuse to work.
We've already removed wasteproduct (poop), as it was a useless and pointless plugin, Cellmod was also recently deleted as it served no function because you all have /msg (/m /t /tell), Energysword, was also removed to lighten the servers load a bit but this doesn't much matter to anyone but the moderators.
When imGhostie, returns from his vacation the server will most likely be down for a day or at least several hours while he rewrites the group files and reconfigures some other things for the server this part is non-negotiable.
There will be some small changes to the staff,we'll be promoting a few new moderators (don't ask for the position the new staff has already been decided.)
If you have any other suggestions or comments feel free to post them in this thread, and explain why you'd like to see whatever it is implemented.
Back to top Go down
emcdona

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:27 am

i agree to some of the changes because it is getting a little dull. I think we should start a calender and do different events during the month. Events such as Spleef, PvP, and survival island (this is fun but should only last a few days at a time)
Back to top Go down
shammy

shammy

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 am

I think we should have a war week were we back up the server then we just go around having a huge server pvp fight were you can break and eneter we would also turn tnt on for more fun then we just grab the backup also congrats to all those who have been picked you deserve it.Finally i also believe we should delete iconomy and go back to trading.WAIT one more thing i also belive we should add movecraft plugin i have been on some servers were there is no lag at all and people are flying around in the titanics or pirate ships.

well thats just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
AlricNarccus
AlricNarccus

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 am

sham is better than alric wrote:
I think we should have a war week were we back up the server then we just go around having a huge server pvp fight were you can break and eneter we would also turn tnt on for more fun then we just grab the backup also congrats to all those who have been picked you deserve it.Finally i also believe we should delete iconomy and go back to trading.WAIT one more thing i also belive we should add movecraft plugin i have been on some servers were there is no lag at all and people are flying around in the titanics or pirate ships.

well thats just my thoughts
those servers are prolly using the full of their RAM capability, which i don't believe we are right now, TNT cause lags, and too much destruction. a week is much too long for a PVP set, but we'll be making PVP a more option as well, by upping requirements for something to be called a town

emcdona wrote:
i agree to some of the changes because it is getting a little dull. I think we should start a calender and do different events during the month. Events such as Spleef, PvP, and survival island (this is fun but should only last a few days at a time)
Well the whole point in the way I figured the PVP thing is that it doesn't get too irritating and its once a week, Survival island usually causes a loss of users tbh, we might be able to set one up in the middle of nowhere but to change the whole map would seem a poor idea =/
Back to top Go down
emcdona

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:14 pm

i do like the idea to set up a survival island in the middle of nowhere that would be cool
Back to top Go down
Voexum

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:51 pm

I buried my hoe...

Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! 2011-017

Other than that...

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this Alric!
Back to top Go down
405armsdealer

405armsdealer

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Back to top Go down
wobL

wobL

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 am

VANILLA WEEK????
Back to top Go down
wobL

wobL

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 am

Voexum wrote:
I buried my hoe...

Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! 2011-017

Other than that...

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this Alric!
Sorry i deleted Energy sword xP
Back to top Go down
skyminer707

skyminer707

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Turn on firespread, tnt, creepers.
Please? I think it would add some challenge.
Also, give the level save to me and i can add several Netherchunks so people can play in the nether.
And reinstall /pa!
Back to top Go down
AdmiralAdjective
Admin
AdmiralAdjective

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 pm

I liked the hats plugin. And riding people.
Do whatever you're gonna do I'm just gonna mind my own business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!   Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change! Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes to the server, lets hear your thoughts on what we might change!
Page 1 of 1