From Dust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are all beautiful people, and I love you. Server IP: 69.28.221.84:25565

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» I miss this
Server plugins EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm by Darkthorngamer

» * * * MERRY CHRISTMAS * * *
Server plugins EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:06 pm by Darkthorngamer

» New Server - Voeblahdia
Server plugins EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm by Darkthorngamer

» Changelog ###
Server plugins EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm by haloboy117

» The end of Fromdust?
Server plugins EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm by Darkthorngamer

» A new city project
Server plugins EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm by jharrisgda

» the official I want ghostie to bone Cynical Thread
Server plugins EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» Who is the Most Awesome?
Server plugins EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm by AdmiralAdjective

» server finances
Server plugins EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am by imGhostie

STOP ACTA!

Server plugins

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mezmorizzed
Forum Owner
Mezmorizzed

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Any plugins that Youve tried or heard of that we can look into go ahead and post them.

Last edited by Mezmorizzed on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fromdust.forumotion.com

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Mezmorizzed wrote:
We will need to do something to lower the CPU usage on the server, We can either increase the memory of the server, for 10 Pounds (about 16 USD), or upgrade the amount of player slots, for 5 pounds (about 8 USD). The prices will be added to the monthly bill of the server. Bare in mind that the last time the server player slot number was upgraded the server hosting company forced a memory upgrade, not sure if they will do that again.

Would adding addons, and or mods, cost money as well?
cause I found one mod/addon in particular that would make the server more fun, and it would partially solve the griefing problem...
Back to top Go down
Mezmorizzed
Forum Owner
Mezmorizzed

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:44 pm

We likely already have it or have tried it, but do tell.
Back to top Go down
https://fromdust.forumotion.com

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:03 pm

you may have already. Its called "Factions"
Its the one where you have a power level, and over time, you get a higher power. you can claim land using your power, and start a faction that other people can join. Its relatively simple to use.
Back to top Go down
deftcraft

deftcraft

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:26 pm

405armsdealer wrote:
Its the one where you have a power level, and over time, you get a higher power. you can claim land using your power, and start a faction that other people can join. Its relatively simple to use.

that just seems to encourage attacking towns

ive told ghostie about this before but the "big brother" plugin protects against destroying blocks.

well it doest STOP them but ghostie can find out who did it just by typing in a command
Back to top Go down
callagkier

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: New to server   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the server, as of two weeks.

I have really enjoyed playing on it so far, it has been one of the only server's where primarily i have had little or no lag.
secondly the people are so helpful and fun to build things with. We have created a nice little town called demontown. I just finished making a rail link from demon town to new city and im mega proud of it.

However, since we are due for a server reset with a new map, just putting out my intention to remain on the server, and hope you can add me to the whitelist please.

Looking forward to building a massive new feat of engineering with you all.

Callagkier
Back to top Go down

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:49 pm

deftcraft wrote:
405armsdealer wrote:

ive told ghostie about this before but the "big brother" plugin protects against destroying blocks.

well it doest STOP them but ghostie can find out who did it just by typing in a command

You seem to forget that this is a survival server....

and if you have 10 people in your faction, you powerlevel will be so great that not one single griefer would be able to destroy your stuff on your land.
cities will be safe, while single homes will not. just how the server rules imply.
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

405armsdealer wrote:
deftcraft wrote:
405armsdealer wrote:

You seem to forget that this is a survival server....

and if you have 10 people in your faction, you powerlevel will be so great that not one single griefer would be able to destroy your stuff on your land.
cities will be safe, while single homes will not. just how the server rules imply.

Hey 405, if you can link me to the latest version of the plugin, I'd be glad to give it a shot. However, I need to know which server mod it is used for. Bukkit or Canary?

Also, Look up Towny 405, tell me what you think about that. I'm not sure how similar it is to Factions, I haven't looked into it much, but If you can, I'd be glad to add what's easiest.
Back to top Go down

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Hmmmm....

I like towny's idea, but the reason that i would pick factions over towny is for the pvp factor.

http://mcteam.org/plugins/factions/

^that is the link to the factions mod if you would like to try it out. I dont know what it runs on, but my friend started a local 1-5 person server using bukkit, and he ran factions off of it, so im thinking that it should run just fine!

I appreciate you considering my idea, and I hope the testing works out!

-405-
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:38 pm

405armsdealer wrote:
Hmmmm....

I like towny's idea, but the reason that i would pick factions over towny is for the pvp factor.

^that is the link to the factions mod if you would like to try it out. I dont know what it runs on, but my friend started a local 1-5 person server using bukkit, and he ran factions off of it, so im thinking that it should run just fine!

-405-

Alright, now just out of curiosity. If I cannot get Factions, will Towny be the next best thing for you?
Back to top Go down

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:02 pm

imGhostie wrote:
405armsdealer wrote:
Hmmmm....

-405-

Alright, now just out of curiosity. If I cannot get Factions, will Towny be the next best thing for you?

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly the mod guru Razz
That was just one mod imparticular that this server seemed to need, and that i knew of from the time of the 1.4 1.3 fiasco. (i went to another server that my friend recommended, and it was running factions)
If you need me to, i can do some research into something more suitable if you arent happy with either factions or towny. Smile

are you going to try them out today? or some time in the immediate future?
Back to top Go down
imGhostie
Server Owner
imGhostie

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

405armsdealer wrote:
imGhostie wrote:
405armsdealer wrote:
Hmmmm....

-405-

That was just one mod imparticular that this server seemed to need, and that i knew of from the time of the 1.4 1.3 fiasco. (i went to another server that my friend recommended, and it was running factions)
If you need me to, i can do some research into something more suitable if you arent happy with either factions or towny. Smile

My apologies.

My previous post sounded smug. I really do like Either Factions or Towny. It's just I don't know which one is better suited for the server and I can't find Factions on the list of plugins for Canary.

I was just wondering if you were okay with Towny instead if I cannot get Factions.
Back to top Go down

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:45 pm

imGhostie wrote:
405armsdealer wrote:
imGhostie wrote:
405armsdealer wrote:
Hmmmm....

-405-

My apologies.

My previous post sounded smug. I really do like Either Factions or Towny. It's just I don't know which one is better suited for the server and I can't find Factions on the list of plugins for Canary.

I was just wondering if you were okay with Towny instead if I cannot get Factions.

Haha, you're fine Very Happy

I think that towny would be acceptable solution, it just seemed too peaceful for a pvp survival oriented server. But it should do, if you could manage to make pvp on outside of the towns.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-fun-factions-v1-1-5-guilds-war-and-user-controlled-antigrief-635.3565/

here is the factions mod for bukkit^^

-405-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server plugins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server plugins   Server plugins Empty

Back to top Go down

Server plugins
Page 1 of 1